Saturday, March 17, 2012

Love's Sacred Song

Love’s Sacred Song is the second book I have read by Mesu Andrews, and it told the story which is found in the Song of Solomon’s. Arielah and King Solomon, the son of David, have their lives are laid out in this book, and I found It very informative and an interesting telling of this story from the Bible. The Shephardess, Arielah, knows from the young age of seven that she is supposed to marry King Solomon. Her father decides that the tribes of Isreal could be united if she were to be given to Solomon as a wife, and so she begins her relationship with Solomon. The book tells about the story of how Arielah’s life was spent, just one of the many women in King Solomon’s harem.

I enjoyed this book, just as I did Mesu Andrews’ other book I read. Arielah was brave, and was sure of the plans God had for her even at a very young age. I think that is something most people struggle with, and I found it refreshing that she was willing to follow God’s plans for her life. She was also a forgiving and understanding character. Overall, I think this is a good book for women to read if they are looking for a role-model for how they can follow God’s will in their lives and not become bitter when dealing with hardships.

Available March 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received my free copy from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

1 comment: